Gas hot water systems are a continuous flow of hot water as per demand and requirement by using either natural gas, which is delivered through piped network, or by use of LPG. This hot water system is the best option to take a bath during the winter months, and they also reduce your electricity bill to a large extent. The conventional storages develop rust and scales inside the tanks. The thankless units have no such problem giving fresh water at all times
Gas hot water system working on the principles of convection:
- Storage water heaters heat and store water in an insulated tank for use when required. They use gas burner located under the storage tank to heat the water. They have a pilot flame, which that burns continuously but lights the main burner only when required. The process is that the storage systems lose heat continuously through the walls of the tank and to keep the water to desired temperature the gas needs to burn regularly. Through a process of convection, the heat gets transferred to the water inside the container, and distributed thereafter.
- Instantaneous heaters also known as continuous flow systems, heats water when required. This system does not require a storage tank. Here the water is heated by a gas burner in which cold water flows through a twisted pipe called a heat exchanger. The gas burner starts immediately once a hot water tap is turned on.
What are the benefits of gas hot water system?
- Environment-Friendly: The gas used to produce the hot water burns produces very few emissions. Thus result in clean and less polluted air. There is no formation of bacteria and mold in this water.
- Energy Efficient: the areas that have continuous gas running installation of gas hot water system are a better option as compared to electricity. There is a constant reduction in your electricity bill, as you start using the gas hot water system.
- Cost Effective: Gas hot water systems have gained popularity to beat the cost of rising cost of electricity. They are cheaper than their electric counterparts, and the savings are significant over the period of time.
- Gas Hot Water Systems Heat Up Quickly: They are capable to heat up a fresh tank of water very quickly, without a long wait. Alternatively, an instantaneous gas hot water system provides means to have running hot water at all times on demand.
- Endless supply of hot water: the conventional tank water heater can heat up to a certain number of litres as per the tank capacity. Heating starts again only once the pre heated water is consumed. Comparatively the hot water tank keeps the water heated and in circulation as and when required.
- Space saving: These thankless units do not dominate the interior or exterior of the house as compared to the bulky storage heaters. Moreover, they can be installed anywhere you like.
Clean and fresh water: A gas hot water system is a great low-emission alternative to an electric hot water system.
Installation of gas hot water system is very convenient. Generally the system supplier visits the home and analyses the usage to determine the appropriate size of the system. The analysis is done on basis of:
- Number of people living at home
- Usage and requirement of hot water
- Frequency and time of usage
- Make sure that all pipes are insulated
- Readily available Certificate of Compliance making sure new water heater meets all regulatory requirements
Moreover, you must also inquire about the energy star rating; more the starts the more efficient the water heater is. These ratings informs about minimum energy performance and safety systems. Visit this link to know more about hot water system and his energy star rating.