How to Choose the Most Appropriate Stainless Steel Fittings?
Today’s world is influenced by fashion trends and modern technology. So, in every sphere of our life, we opt for goods and accessories that make our surroundings look more beautiful and fascinating. With an aim to make our living space and environment more attractive, we even take care of the fittings that are used in various plumbing works.
- A huge assortment of fittings are available in the market, and these fittings are used for various purposes like pipeline works or other multi-purpose works, from which we can make a selection of the ones that will suit our purpose, or those which give an attractive look to our surrounding, and at the same time those that co-operate with our budget.
- Though these fittings are made from various metals, but the most popular among them are the ones made from stainless steel alloys.
- This is because of its bright and clean look, easy handling and maintenance and its reasonable price range.
- So, stainless steel fittings have become the highest-selling item among the accessories used for plumbing works. The best way to make the proper use of such fittings is to know about them elaborately, before putting them into use.
Types of Stainless Steel fittings
There are various types of stainless steel fittings, which are as follow:
- Stainless Steel Pipe fittings: These fittings include all the components that connect the pipe ends for any kind of in-line configuration, multi-port configuration, offset configuration and also mounting configuration. These are probably the most widely used fitting types.
- Stainless Steel Hose Fittings: This category of fittings includes all the components that are used to connect the hoses and tubes for the in-line and off-set configuration, as well as for the multi-port and mounting configuration.
- Stainless Steel Tube Fittings: Tube fittings are all those components that are used to connect runs of tubing for both off-set and in-line configuration, multiport and mounting configurations to all other tubing sections or pipes or hose or other fluid transfer components.
- Laboratory fittings: Stainless steel fittings are used less frequently in the laboratories, because of chemicals and pressures that might work in the process of lab applications. However, it is not that only polymer fittings are used everywhere in the laboratories. Stainless steel fittings are also used, but in limited cases.
- Stainless Steel Vacuum Fittings and flanges: These fitting components are used to connect runs of pipe and tubing in the process containing gas system or vacuum, to the other tubing sections or pumps, hose, pipes, valves, chambers or any other vacuum components.
- Stainless Steel Conduit Fittings: Conduit fittings are those connectors that are specially used to connect one piece of conduit or channel, to another conduit, or those which can be used to connect a conduit to an electrical box. Though they are available in different metals, the stainless steel conduit fittings are the most commonly used fittings these days.
- Stainless steel Wire Rope and cable fittings: The most popular wire rope fittings are those made of stainless steel. These categories of fittings are used to construct cable assemblies. They include all small items like chips, eyes, sleeves, forks, stud ends and all other types of similar hardware items.
Once you get to know the available options of fittings that might be used in the work, it becomes easier to select the appropriate ones for the specific work to be undertaken. As usual, stainless steel alloys are a step ahead of other metals in availability of such fittings, and are they hence most commonly used by most people for various plumbing works. This makes stainless steel fittings the most important item in the contemporary plumbing field of work. These are cost effective, attractive and easy to maintain.
Latest posts by Harry Caesar (see all)
- Aarohan on Golf Course Road – Luxury At Its Best - February 13, 2016
- Gas Hot Water System And Its Multiple Utilities For Your Home - February 8, 2016
- Home Improvement Plan with an updated Home Automation System - February 2, 2016