Reverse cycle ducted air-conditioning has a compressor that is located outside, besides the inside unit which is placed on the roof. This unit which is internal is connected to a number of outlets via ductwork within the house. All the rooms that have these outlets can have warm air or cool air pumped in, according to the climate and the function chosen. You can further save on the energy by shutting off the flow of air in sections of the house where it is not required. You need to get a professional to take a look at your house so that you can be able to make the right choice in accordance to your requirement. The consultants can perform a “heat load” calculation in your house and determine the requirements. You can choose a smaller unit of these air-conditioning systems by using the knowledge of which areas are not being used at what time.
Analyzing Before Making your Choice
The main requirement here is to know what outlets you need to opt for as you find small units with 4 outlets, and then you do find units with 6 and 8 outlets also. It is advisable to find out your exact requirement before you decide to place your order. You do have companies that could get these ducting air-conditioners designed in a specific manner so as to meet your requirements to the tee. When you rightly analyze the scenario, then you can enjoy the comfort of having uniformed temperatures in your house all year round. A well reputed company will boast of skilled and experienced staff that is also insured. You do have companies that buy this material in bulk and thus can add to your savings by offering reasonable prices.
Advantages of Reverse Cycle Ducted Air Conditioning
Reverse cycle ducted air-conditioning is beneficial in many ways and some of these are listed below.
1. You can use only one appliance for cooling and heating, both.
2. These air-conditioners can combine dehumidification, refrigeration cooling and also heating when running in reverse. With these reverse cycle ducting air-conditioners you have a single unit providing the combined effects of a heater and an air-conditioner.
3. You have peace within your house because these are silent while operating. There is no noise pollution.
4. As these are mounted on walls you do not have to worry about children playing with the ducts.
5. There is good temperature control so that you have a constant temperature in your home and that works as a boon to the elderly and babies.
6. The air which is circulated is filtered so free of any pollution.
7. You can be assured of the safety as there are no open flames.
8. These reverse air-conditioners work by transferring the heat which is more energy efficient as compared to heaters that help to reduce the electricity bill besides being a help to the environment.
Considerations Before you Opt for a Reverse Cycle Duct Air-conditioner
Considering some important factors while making the decision will ensure that you opt for the right one. You need to make sure of the size of the area to be cooled along with the energy star rating as more stars indicate more energy efficient. You also need to know the direction your room is facing besides the size of the windows of your room. You need to consider for how long you will be using that specific room and the cost of installation besides the cost of the appliance. Finally, you need to think of how long the appliance might last.
These considerations will help you to decide whether the air-conditioner is worth it or no. You can look out for a company who can help you with these facts and choose accordingly. Want know more about reverse cycle ducted air conditioning? You can contact us here and get more details on it.