Various Types of Benchtops For Your Kitchen- Select the Most Suitable One
It is true that a kitchen is an important space of any house. When a kitchen is built, the expectation is for it to remain the same for a decade or two. Nowadays, the trend is all about open kitchens with less or no walls. A fully furnished kitchen reflects a joyous home with bright personalities and full of positivity. If you love spending time in your kitchen, you should renovate in such a manner in which your personal touch is felt and seen. If you are planning to have a new kitchen then one of the most important aspects to focus on is the kitchen counter.
Thinking of a modern kitchen, the texture and surface of the kitchen top should match the entire design. In addition to the appeal of the kitchen top, it has to be highly practical for use as well. There are kitchen counters made of different materials, in order to buy one you are supposed to be aware of the types and then make a decision.
Types of kitchen counter tops
It is important for a buyer to know about different types of counter tops available for the kitchens. Here are the most common and popular ones:
- Granite: Granite is considered to be the most durable kitchen top and a preferred choice amongst many homemakers. It is an inexpensive option to consider and is easy to clean. It can make the kitchen look pleasing and is known for its quality.
- Laminate: For an attractive and bright coloured look to your kitchen, laminate can be a good option. Although it is trendy, it is not durable. Repairing it from time to time can be cumbersome. However, on a positive note, if you wish to add more and more colours to your kitchen to make it look vibrant then laminates work out best.
- Engineered stone: It is categorised into a lot of options which include marble and quartz mixed with polyesters and resins; most popular amongst this is quartz. It gives a modern and sophisticated look to a kitchen. It is durable and requires very less maintenance if cleaned on a regular basis.
- Marble: For a sophisticated look in your kitchen, marble can be a glamorous choice to consider. Although it is expensive however it also requires high maintenance as it is prone to stains and scratches along with becoming yellow.
If you are looking for more options for kitchen tops then you can also consider stone, custom finishes, tiles, metal as well as wood. Make sure the material suits your style, budget and your requirements of the kitchen.
After knowing the materials used for the counter tops, one also needs to know how to maintain the kitchen top and here are some easy tips for you:
- A simple kitchen top looks perfect
- A well-chosen top blends well with the theme of your interiors
- Size of the kitchen top depends on the size of your kitchen and work space
- Select a surface that does not scratch easily. The surface should not be susceptible to the dirty marks and fingerprints
- The cabinets, accessories and other things purchased should be suitable with the top you have purchased
- Get a top which is easy to clean and maintain as not everyone can clean it regularly
- You can seek the help of a designer to choose the right bench top for your kitchen.
So, remember all the information mentioned and get the best bench top for your kitchen.